Topic: EASB & IBSF DEVELOPMENT COACHING AWARD
|| Return to Topics|
Richard Ormiston (League Snooker Administrators) | Posted
on Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Sat/ Sun 15/16th 2014
Congleton Snooker Club
Royle Street, Congleton CW12 1HR
We are pleased to announce that the third ‘Development Coach Award’
course will take place in March 2014.
The course is aimed at those who have a genuine passion for, and
understanding of, the game and are motivated to help develop the sport
by passing on their enthusiasm and know how.
It is priced affordably at £245, has a rigorous pass criterion and
carries the credibility of an internationally recognised coaching
qualification with IBSF Approval.
The course has meaningful content that will provide real world
coaching and earning skills for your business.
1. Candidates must be a minimum 17 years of age upon the first day of
2. Candidates must have a playing standard appropriate to correctly
demonstrate correct technique. This will require an ability to
demonstrate certain skills which will be shared on video as part of
your pre course study pack.
3. Candidates must apply for and submit an enhanced disclosure DBS
check prior to the course.
1. How to get the message across: Teaching methods and communication.
2. Structuring of individual and group lessons.
3. Designing a coaching programme and how to administrate it.
4. How to forge links to grow your business and formulate
agreements/contracts with clubs and snooker equipment providers.
5. Running tournaments and events.
6. Technique of the game.
7. Child Protection and Safeguarding.
8. Drills and practice routines to use within your coaching sessions.
1. Your profile will feature on the EASB Coaching web page.
2. You will be amongst the recognised coaches in England building the
modern network of coaching business, schools and academies for
snooker’s new era.
3. You will be a part of the federation best practice scheme which
will showcase systems for coaching programmes in other countries.
Danny Connolly, EASB Coaching Director
Played on the Open and Challenge Tours for 3 years and still regularly
competes in Amateur and ProAm events. Danny has coached tennis for
over 25 years developing successful coaching programmes across all
levels which has included training and mentoring his own coaches.
Nic Barrow, IBSF Head Coach
Played on pro circuit for 7 years, and has been coaching full time for
15 years. With customers in 90 countries, Nic is snooker’s most
popular author of books and multi media coaching materials.
1. EASB/IBSF Polo Shirt
2. Development Coach Certificate – subject to passing course criteria
3. Resource pack containing templates for lesson plans, tournaments
1. The course will be demanding, and does not carry an automatic pass.
Your technical knowledge, ability to demonstrate, and communication
skills will be tested and rated.
2. For any delegates who may not pass, a summary will be given as to
what areas need to be worked on before attending the next training –
which will be at reduced cost.
3. The course is recognised and approved by the IBSF – meaning the
certificate is valid anywhere in the world.
4. It is the first step of a 4 level coaching system that culminates
with Coach Examiner status. All 4 levels are recognised by EASB.
5. Further study and developments in the programme will feature:
o How to work with national teams and more advanced players.
o Draws, ranking and handicap software for you and your league.
o Academy Accreditation for your training centre.
o Social media integration
There are a number of hotels within easy reach of the club. The nearby
Travelodge in Macclesfield is available at a rate of £22 per night.
Please let us know if you would like us to arrange for you to share a
room with another candidate to keep costs down.
Please contact Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
|Please log in to post on the Forum|